All crewing services are rendered in compliance with MLC 2006 and OPTUS MARINE CREW MANAGEMENT LTD quality management system. Quality Management System has been audited by BUREAU VERITAS and it complies with the requirements of: BUREAU VERITAS Guidance Note NI 563 - "Standard for Quality Management System of Seafarer Manning Offices", Regulation 1.4 of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
Seafarer Manning Office’ Management Systems certified to Guidance Note NI 563 which is a similar quality standard to ISO 9001
• Preliminary phone interview.
• Candidate's CV review.
• Employment history check through contacting their last three employers.
• Face to face interview with our crewing managers. Our senior crewing managers are experienced Masters and Chief Engineers with over 30 years of sea service.
• Professional abilities tests includes: latest Seagull CES and Marlins online tests. All tests are held in office only, under our staff supervision.
• Client-specific requirements compliance check.
• Certificates check in accordance with STCW requirements for specific rank, authentication of Seafarer’s certificates through government database.
• Interview with our senior staff for Masters and Chief Engineers (fleet type specific).
• Pre-joining training courses on SMS, PMS, Seagull CBT library and other specific programs, as required by the Client
• Any additional Client's specific requirements will be incorporated into our selection process.
All seafarers undergo pre-employment medical examination at government certified and P&I approved medical centers.
In order to avoid any alcohol dependent seafarers on board, all our candidates undergo liver condition testing for detection of alcohol abusing.
Chemical blood tests arrangement.
Assistance in insurance claims handling in case of seaman injury.
A good crew travel cost reduction may be achieved through good planning.
OPTUS MARINE CREW MANAGEMENT LTD offers crew travel management services that help significantly reduce crew travel costs. We are constantly monitoring ticket fares and VISA-free countries agreements in order to plan effective crew changes. Our partner - Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) offers low rates for certain destinations throughout a year, as well as savings for early bookings.